Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What A Difference A Year Makes!

On April 24th  it will have been one year since I left my position as Children’s Pastor at Seacoast Church and what a year it has been. The emotional roller coaster has been more than I thought it would be.  I never would have made it through this past year if it wasn’t for the support of my loving wife who encouraged me when I was down, kicked me in the pants and got me motivated when I didn’t feel like getting out of bed. And loved me when I was unlovable! I am so thankful that God shared her with me and that she is in my life!

I’m thankful for my friend and brother in Christ, Greg Jones who was not only a huge support but ended up walking through a very similar situation in life. He was a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear and a prayer partner. It’s always good to have someone who understands your feelings even when you don’t know how to put them into words.

For Pastor Ernest Smith of Front Range Church who was a great support. He introduced me to the beauty of Colorado and just loved on my family and me when we needed it the most. Who gave me hope that one day I would be working in full-time ministry once again. And was just a great friend through and through.

For Life Park Church and Pastor Chad Moore who allowed us to sit in on services and be fed and not pressure us into joining or serving in the church but to just be cared for during this time.
And for the many others who I could never name all of them because I would miss someone – thank you for all the cards, messages and hugs over this past year. Your kind words and support for my family and me has been a huge blessing.

I miss my work at Seacoast. I miss the wonderful staff I had the pleasure of serving next to each and every day for the past 15 years. And I really miss the kids and the families. I always thought I would retire from Children’s Ministry when I was old and ready for the grave, but God had other plans for me.  I love seeing the Facebook posts of my kids (yes I still refer to the kids I had in ministry as my kids) and watching them grow up and living their lives. I love seeing them get married, have children of there own, go off to college, graduate and get jobs. I like knowing I played a little part in their lives and them in mine!

I do hope that one day God will return me to ministry, not sure it will be Children’s Ministry and not sure it will be in a church setting, but I do hope and pray for that opportunity again. For now I’m happy for the ministry he has me in at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and I am so thankful for the new friends I have made at the ReStore. Every day they become more and more like family to me. (No matter how dysfunctional they might be!)

I’m not going to lie, this past year was rough, but I am glad I went through it – it drew me closer to God, deepened my faith in Him and taught me to Trust Him like never before.  I’m really looking forward to what God has in store in this next year and for my family.

Thank you for the prayers and support and I ask that you would continue to keep me in your prayers.


2 comments:

  1. Scott, you and Meghan are an inspiration, and you will bring blessing where you are today and always. Your love for God and for people is water for a thirsty world. Keep it up: loving your wife and raising your awesome family, sharing your heart and your journey, raising your praises, and spreading peace and wisdom around you. love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Love to you and your amazing family!

      Delete