Saturday, March 7, 2015

Would you do it for free?

So I had a realization this morning. Not sure if it is true for everyone but I know it is true for me and I wanted to share it with you. This came to me as I was thinking about being on tour with the Thorn.  I love working with these talented amazing people! These folks are amazing in the area God gifted them in and also amazing in being servants. They work hard all day long in so many areas and they do it with a joyful heart. Don't get me wrong as the weeks go on people get grumpy and tired but for the most part everyone loves what they are doing and they show love to everyone they meet. (at least that has been my experience)

The realization I had started out thinking about how wonderful these folks are, how much I have loved working with them this week, how much I'm going to miss them when I leave and more so how much I'm going to miss doing something I love to do - Telling God's story in such a creative way! I continued to think about how I wish I could this full time - and that's when it hit me. When you volunteer to do something and you are willing to do it for free then this is what you are called to do. (SIDE NOTE - please don't read into this that I'm quitting my job and going on tour full time with Thorn Productions - that is one of the things I love about being a Children's Pastor as well, using my gift of Creative Communication to tell God's Story) What I realized is why I love doing the Thorn, paid or unpaid is because I get to use my gifts and talents that God has instilled in me with people of like minds.  When you do what you love it really isn't work.

My encouragement for you is find something you love to do and do it. It may not end up being your full time job, but it could be a volunteer position or just a hobby.  These were just my thoughts, hope it blesses someone and you find a nugget in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment