Friday, February 20, 2015

How to do a conference...

Are you attending the Orange Conference 2015? Here are some of my suggestions on making the most of the conference! (In no particular order)
  • Arrive early - don't arrive right as the conference is starting especially if you are traveling any distance. Take time to check into your hotel, maybe get a little rest or something to eat.
  • Take time to meet other folks at the conference. Networking with others who are churches your size can help you with ideas and give encouragement. 
  • Be Real! Don't try and cover up your failures in ministry. Your failures can help someone keep from making the same mistake.
  • Take good notes - in large group sessions and break outs always take good notes. But don't just take the notes be sure to review them when you get back to your hotel room. I like to highlight the things that really stood out to me so I can do something with it when I get home.
  • In my opinion you should not do all the things happening at the conference - it will wear you out and overload your brain. Or maybe that is just me!
  • Talk over what you learned with others, either your folks you came to the conference with or others at the conference. 
  • Be sure to get the names, emails address and phone numbers of the folks you meet. You'll want to connect with them again in the future.
  • Don't forget to check out the Resource area! Buy some to take home and share with others.
These are just some of my ideas - I would love to hear what you do at a conference to get the most out of everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment