Thursday, March 24, 2016

Holy Week -Song Three

As we remember the events of the last days of Christ's life we have to start with remembering his last meal with his disciples. As I said before, this is my most favorite time of year. I like to sit and think about all that Christ did for me, to put myself in the events that took place in that last week of his life. This song I feel captures what God did for us! How Beautiful! How Beautiful! The love God had for us is so far beyond anything we could ever imagine. To know what Jesus was going to go through, the betrayal, the trials, the beatings and the suffering on the cross - and yet God did this for us! Why? Because he loves us. Think about that for a minute. God allowed all this to happen to His Son, because he loved us. Maybe you can't understand that kind of love because you never really felt love from anyone. Or maybe you've been hurt by love. That my friend is human love - it is limited. But God's Love is Agape Love - it has no limits, it is perfect love! I look forward to the day when I get to be in heaven with God the Father and Jesus the Son and all those who have gone before me. To talk with Peter and the disciples and hear how it truly was to be there in the last week of Jesus' life.

And to thank Jesus face to face for all he has done for me.  How Beautiful that will be!

Listen to the words and imagine how much God loves you - no matter how much you can imagine I promise it is even more!

Today is Maundy Thursday in the church - a day to remember what Christ did for us. The taking of the last supper - the bread, remembering his body that was beaten and nailed to a cross for your sins - and the cup, the blood that was shed for the forgiveness of sins - not just my sins, all sins! I still mess up and walk in my flesh, I still say and do things that are not Christ-like. That is why I must remember what God has done and once again ask for forgiveness. How Beautiful!

Let me leave you with this line from the song -



And as he laid down his life we offer this sacrifice,
 that we will live, just as he died willing to pay the price! 


No comments:

Post a Comment