Friday, February 20, 2015

My thoughts on Conferences

I love conferences, probably because I'm an extrovert and enjoy being around a large crowd of people. But I love them for other reasons too. I love hearing good speakers share and fill up my spiritual tank. As pastors we tend to give and give and don't always take the time to be filled up.  Listening to speakers at a conference always gets me fired up and ready to take on another six months in ministry. The other reason I love conferences is because I love to network with people. I like to here what they are doing in ministry and share ideas, hear their successes as well as woes. I have met some wonderful people (Cathy Harwick and Chris Boz to name drop) at conference and thanks to Facebook I am still friends with them.

If you are in Children's Ministry, especially children's pastors and ministers who are running the ministry I highly recommend you attending at least one conference a year. And this year I would love to invite you to the Orange Conference 2015 in Atlanta, GA. It is going to be a great time of filling up your spiritual tank when you hear from the line up of amazing speakers. Hearing from Reggie Joiner and Sue Miller alone is worth the time to attend the conference, at least in my opinion. But there are many more great speakers who will be at OC15. Check out the list of speakers here - OC15

But don't forget about all the new friendships you are going to create! And seeing old friends.(looking forward to seeing Chara Robinson at OC15 this year) I'm hoping to make lots of new friends at OC15 this year and I hope you will be one of them. Maybe we can sit and chat over coffee - Let me know if you will be there, would love to meet you and hear what God is doing in and through you!

See ya at OC15!

No comments:

Post a Comment