Friday, February 6, 2015

When we get out of God's way...

Some of you are aware that we have been in the process of adopting - it has been a long process and journey. However, the night we returned from our trip to Alaska Meghan and I were talking about the adoption and I said I was done, finished, did not wish to go on. You see I had found two boys on one of those websites they have for kids available for adoption and spent a lot of time thinking about them, emailing caseworkers to find out information, but just was not getting any answers. So I was giving up. In reality I wasn't giving up, I was getting out of the way. I was trying to do all of this on my own. I was pursuing (well, us as a couple). I was the one who found the children, I was the one who put the request in for these children...ME, I, US- not God.

So as I was saying, I gave up - that is when God was able to do something, when I got out of His way. The same night I said I give up I received an email concerning some children that were available for adoption, three to be exact. It would be a private adoption, not something we even considered because of costs. Plus the youngest child was younger than we wished to go. I didn't tell Meghan about the email right away, partly because she was asleep when I received the email and I was still asleep when she left the house in the morning. So that afternoon I told Meghan about it and we decided we would look into it a little more.

Since this was going to be a private adoption, and would cost us money and adding three kids to the family was going to mean we need a new vehicle to be able to transport us all around, and we would need some kind of added income to feed three extra children...we knew that the only way this was going to even happen was for God to take charge of it all.

The next step that needed to happen was for us to submit our home study, if we were approved we would receive more information about the children and the mom. We decided to step out in faith and say; God if this is of you then we trust you will provide for all our needs and open all the doors that need to be open.  You see our desire is to see children in a forever family, our family if that is what God wants, so we submitted our home study trusting God.

We got word our family was being considered for the adoption of these three kids and we received more information about them.  We are continuing to move forward until God closes a door. We are looking into grants, fundraising and any other means we feel God is calling us to as we move forward with this adoption. I ask that you would join us in praying and seeking God's Will in all of this for our family.

The part I want you to hear in all of this is how I needed to move out of the way. I was trying to push the adoption on my own. I was getting frustrated by lack of communication and the length of time the process was taking. Once I threw my hands in the air and said I give up I was out of the way for God to do what He needed to do.  Now I don't know if this adoption will go through or not, it is totally up to God.  I once heard Derwin Gray say; "Attempt things that only Jesus could do so only He can get the Glory." That is what we are doing. This adoption would never be a possibility in our own rite, but only by God doing some really BIG things!  What are you attempting that is so huge it could only be accomplished by God? Maybe it isn't working out cause you are still in the way.
Just my thoughts and I hope you get a nugget out of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment