Saturday, December 5, 2015

25 Days of My Favorite Christmas Songs - Day 5

My Favorite Christmas Songs - Day 5



This is a narrative of the history (another favorite subject) of the song, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. The story is sad, but filled with Hope. I didn't used to like this song, but when I heard this (and there are some creative liberties on the story) it changed me. Again you have to listen to appreciated the song.

My favorite lines are;

And in dispair I bowed my head
There is no peace on Earth I said
For hate is strong, that mocks the song
of Peace on Earth, Goodwill to men.

Doesn't the world feel that way sometimes. Especially when you can't turn on the television or look on Facebook without seeing and reading about all the hate in the world. But later he writes about the hope in such a dark and scary world...

Then hear the bells roar loud and deep
God is not dead nor does he sleep
The Wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With Peace on Earth Goodwill to men!

My prayer this Christmas Season - and all year long, is that we would all experience peace from knowing Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment