Friday, December 4, 2015

25 Of My Favorite Christmas Songs - Days 1-4 (because I procrastinated)

So I had this plan of posting a Christmas Song every day from now till Christmas - my favorite Christmas songs, but I've fallen behind before I started so I'm going to play catch up in this first post.

(I apologize ahead of time for all the ads on YouTube - I have no control over them.)

Day 1 of my Favorite Christmas Songs -


This is one of the first songs I play when I start playing Christmas music because it is a song of anticipation and expectation. The people were waiting for a Messiah to come and save them, but they never imagined he would come as a baby in small village like Bethlehem. This song also reminds me that we too are waiting for the Messiah to return, each day is another day closer to his return...will you be ready?


Day 2 of my Favorite Christmas Songs -


From the first time I heard this song I fell in love with it. Just take some time to listen to the lyrics and imagine Mary, a young unmarried girl being visited by an angel and told she will be the mother of the Son of God. Imagine her thoughts, her fears, her concerns. Imagine her watching Jesus grow up and perform miracles and die on the cross for a sin he did not commit.
(and this group is one of my favorite groups, you'll see them again on this list).


Day 3 of My Favorite Christmas Songs - 


Just like Day 2's song I love the lyrics and the idea of figuring out what Joseph might have been thinking. I could see Joseph having these questions about what was about to happen to him.  Put yourself in Joseph's place - how would you have felt?

Day 4 of My Favorite Christmas Songs -



I sometimes wonder about me - do other people really listen to the lyrics of songs and imagine the story that goes within them? I do, that is why I love this song as well. These past three songs, to me, shows the story of the birth of Christ. What Mary and Joseph must have been thinking. I love it when a song (or a book for that matter) can take me to a place where I can see it unfolding - I can picture myself in the scene. As I continue to post songs, some about the birth of Christ, others just traditional Christmas songs that I love, I ask that you would take the time to really listen to the lyrics. Close your eyes and imagine what it was like back then - Remember your favorite parts of Christmas - and celebrate the season, the reason and the fun of Christmas this year.

Just my thoughts - I hope you find a nugget in them somewhere and I'll add more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment