Tuesday, December 15, 2015

25 Days of My Favorite Christmas Songs

My Favorite Christmas Songs - Day 15 (two for one)

One of my fondest memories of Christmas is going to church on Christmas Eve. We would attend the early service, my sister and I usually sang in the choir and/or played a part in the children's nativity. Then after service we would go home and have a party with family and friends.  We would usually return again to church for the 11pm service, which was my favorite.  At the end of service, like in most churches we would light candles and sing Silent Night. It was a beautiful thing.  I always remember the pastor saying at the end - It's December 25, Christmas Morning, go and shine the Light of Jesus. Then we would walk home - my favorite was walking home in the snow.  It just made Christmas, Christmas. Here is my favorite version of Silent Night.



I told you it was a two for one! My other favorite song we sang at church while I was growing up was at the end of every service leading up to Christmas and it was the Peace Carol - Once again, here are the muppets with John Denver and the Peace Carol.



No comments:

Post a Comment