Saturday, August 29, 2015

Red Sea Rule #6





“The Lord said to Moses, ‘Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward.’” Exodus 14:15

The Israelite children were scared and they were stuck but God said move forward. Rule #6 tells us that when we are unsure of what to do, we just take the next logical step by faith. 

So often when things happen in life when we feel stuck or overwhelmed we shut down. I know this is true for me. I tend to just stop. I know there are things to be done, but I just don’t know where to begin. Or I just feel so overwhelmed I lose all energy then I really don’t want to do anything. The more I shut down the more things pile up and the more I feel overwhelmed…it’s a catch 22 moment.

Going back to what I shared yesterday about a possible move for our family out of state; when we thought this was a go, and a rather quick sell and move we were overwhelmed by all that needed to be done. We started making calls to get home repairs on their way, we started painting, we started planning and in the process became overwhelmed, and we also got ahead of God. Rule #5 states Stay calm and confident, and give God time to work. In the process of staying calm and waiting on God’s timing there are things that can be done while we wait. For instance, we really feel like a move is in our future, we are not sure when, but we feel like it is going to happen, so we wait on the Lord to move. Until then we work on home repairs – some we have to do out of necessity and other we are working on to improve the value of our home for when it is time to sell.

The Israelite Children took that step of faith towards the Red Sea and God showed up!  What are the next steps you need to take while you are waiting on the Lord?

These are my thoughts; I hope you get a nugget out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment